Nice jar candles are such treats in the Fall. This Voluspa one smells lovely, looks pretty, and was very reasonably priced.
Some new jewelry finds from Forever 21.
These three books come with me everywhere. Bottom to top: Graphic Image appointment book from Urbanic, Russell + Hazel mini binder, Kate Spade journal (recently given to me as a sweet gift and makes a perfect gratitude journal).
A Wood New Year
After a lazy and indulgent holiday break, the beginning of the new year often brings on a heavy load of… guilt. Whether you have a few pounds to shed, or need to start make long strides towards a big goal you’ve set for this year, a Wood intention will help you get it all done.
Your Look’s Key Words: Movable. Sporty. Natural.
Style Elements: Plant based fabrics. Vertical shapes. Blues and greens. Athletic or utility pieces.
Get Active With Wood by thelifestyled featuring All Saints
Tips to Woodify Your Life
1. Move your body. It may sound obvious, but getting the blood flowing doesn’t just help you stay physically fit – it keeps your brain working at its full potential, thus getting you fully ready to reach all your goals this year. While the thought of exercising might be the last thing you want to do, you’re whole being will benefit from a little movement each day. So grab the dog and go for a stroll, or set up a sledding excursion with your friends (a few trips up that hill will certainly have you hurting tomorrow).
, $190 Toboggan
2. Set daily goals. There’s nothing like the feeling of accomplishment you get when you reach a goal, no matter how big or small. If you set attainable daily goals for yourself, you’ll end each day feeling great about what you did, and looking forward to what the next day has in store.
, $10 for one, 92 for a set of 10 Russell + Hazel Top 10 Notebook
3. Go organic. These days, it’s hard to know what you’re really eating unless you grew it yourself. While it can be a bit pricier, eating organic is not only better for our world, but it’s healthier for your body. Check out this great article on how to shop organic, by the domestic goddesses at Haute Apple Pie.
LA’s Original Farmers Market Cookbook, $17
Wood energy is something we can all incorporate into our lives in the new year, no matter what your resolutions may be. It’s all about moving forward, and accomplishing your goals so you can achieve a better future. Who can’t identify with that?
In the new year, after all the holiday clothes have been put away, you’re left with nothing but the extra pounds you’ve steadily been putting on since Thanksgiving, and a complete drought of fashion inspiration. It can be hard to know where to start with your wardrobe in January, when you can’t imagine stepping outside your door period in the subzero temps, let alone try to look cute when you do it. While those sweatpants might look pretty appealing right about now, let us not forget that this is the time to wear our goals for the new year on our sleeves! Dressing your intention is a way to show the world which direction you are heading in, and most importantly, to remind yourself who you want to be today, this month, or this year. This week, we’re taking a look at the five elemental resolutions, and how you can incorporate them into your look this season. So keep your eye out for which element speaks to your goals for the year, and get ready to incorporate it into your new year’s look!
A Metal New Year
If your life is feeling a bit out of control, and your goal is to pull it all together into a clean, organized, and elegant state, Metal is your intention for the new year. Whatever your essence, here are some ways to bring some Metal energy into your look, in whatever capacity you’re comfortable with.
Your Look’s Key Words: Clean. Crisp. Pristine. Classy. Elegant. Put together.
Style Elements: Pastels. Designer brands. Quality. Luxurious materials. Metallics. Polka dots.
Get Organized With Metal by thelifestyled featuring Michael Kors watches
Tips to Metalicize Your Life
1. Make lots of lists. I like to make my To Do List for tomorrow the night before, so when I wake up, I know exactly what my day is going to consist of. Try the Russell + Hazel One Day at a Time notepad set (featured above) for all your listing needs.
2. Choose a theme. Whether you’re organizing your office, kitchen, or closet, it’s fun to assign a specific theme to your project – like Shabby Chic, Futuristic Clear, or Zen. It gives you a criteria when searching for storage boxes, folders, pens, recipe binders, hangers, etc.
, $8 – 25 CB2 Format Desk Accessories
Huggable Hangers, $14
3. It’s all about receptacles. It’s impossible to get organized unless everything has a place to go. Every time I score a cute jewelry tray, basket, or box, I get a feeling of put togetherness. When everything has a home, you avoid clutter in your space, and in your life.
John Derian Paper Clothes Tray from Ampersand, $80
Getting organized can be tons of fun, once you push yourself to finally get started. Need to go through that huge stack of accumulating mail? Hop on down to Staples, get some cute file folders, and file away over a glass of Cabernet. Can’t open your closet door without multiple pair of shoes barreling down on your head? Get some shoe shelves or storage boxes, and sit in front of your closet with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc (see the theme?). When you’re done, you’ll be left with a beautiful space, and a beautiful year.